Criteria for Selection into the CIAA Hall of Fame
The CIAA will induct a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 7 individual inductees into the Hall of Fame each year. Only one team can be inducted each year
- Must have achieved one or more of the following: All-American, Olympics, All-Conference or NCAA regional recognition in their respective sport; (and/or);
- Must have been an annual leader in a significant statistical category in their sport (e.g. free throws, kills, sacks, shutouts, strikeouts, etc.; and/or, the all-time/career institutional leader in a significant statistical category;
- Must have exhausted eligibility at a CIAA member institution and have ended playing collegiate career for at least ten (10) years;
- Must have established a personal reputation for character and citizenship which reflects favorably upon his or her university and the CIAA and has made significant contributions to society.
- A minimum of ten (10) years must lapse since the team’s accomplishments.
- Won Championships in the CIAA , NCAA Regional or National Championships.
- Must have demonstrated a successful coaching career for a minimum of 10 years at a CIAA institution;
- Considerations for selection are by recognition as an authority/leader in the sport are involved, length and quality of the coaching record, or program growth and achievement of the individual after leaving active coaching service at the Institution.
- Recognition as: Conference, Regional or National Coach of the Year, Coach of a Championship Team(s); and/or national organization acknowledgment.
- Ten (10) years minimum of officiating in the CIAA
- Selected to officiate the CIAA Tournament
- Minimum of 100 CIAA assignments
- Recommended by the Local Board of Officials
- Recommended by the Commissioner or Coordinator of Officials to the Hall of Fame Committee
- Must be retired two years from the CIAA
- Three (3) is the maximum number of honorees in any one year
- Community Service is desired/ Supporters of the CIAA
Administrators/Supporters of the CIAA
- Must have served a CIAA member institution or the conference for at least five years with an outstanding career as an administrator or supporter that has brought exceptional distinction to the athletic department and/or CIAA Conference;
- Special consideration may be made on a case-by-case basis to honor and enshrine other supporters of the program who have made significant contributions by supporting, promoting or furthering athletics at CIAA Institutions and/or the CIAA Conference in a non-coaching or non-playing role;
- Must have established a personal reputation for character and citizenship which reflects favorably upon his or her university and the CIAA Conference and has made significant contributions to society.
Other Points of Interest
- There shall be no more than seven (7) individuals and one team inducted into the CIAA Hall Fame in any given year.
- Teams shall receive one award which represents all participants and coaches of the respective team. No individual awards will be provided for teams. Participants are eligible to be nominated for in the category of student-athletes likewise for coaches. One team respective shall serve as spokesperson during the Hall of Fame event.
Completing Nomination Form:
Nominees that are not voted into the Hall of Fame shall remain on the ballot for three years.
Form must be completed with accuracy, neatness and all requested necessary information.
Nomination forms that are not completed according to the instructions provided will not be considered.